Internal, operational and financial auditors in today's complex organization must understand information systems and be able to function in a technical environment.
In addition, you will study techniques for auditing automated systems. Upon completion of this course, you will have a solid foundation in the basics of information systems technology as they apply to audit and security concerns. For those with no IT experience, this course provides a solid foundation in the basics of information systems technology as they apply to audit and security concerns. This course will help you prepare for the CISA® exam and students will finish this course ready to participate in an IT audit under the supervision of an experienced IT Auditor.
This is a SELF-STUDY module type course. Participants will be presented with a PowerPoint presentation divided into chapters. Each chapter contains an exams where participants must achieve a minimum grade of 60% to progress to the next chapter.
YOU HAVE THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE TIME OF PURCHASE TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE.
To register, please call our Customer Service Department at (508) 879-7999 ext. 501.
CPE credits for MISTI's Online Self Study courses are NOT NASBA certified CPE certificates. You will receive a completion certificate upon finishing the course for the stated number of credits. Some organizations will not accept CPE certificates that are not NASBA certified. Please inquire about the requirements of your organization for more details. Only the registered participant will receive a completion certificate. Online self study courses are intended for a single participant. Group discounts are available. For more information please contact our Customer Service Department at 508-879-7999 ext. 501.
- Introduce current information technology-a subject which is ever-changing, thus requiring constant updating of knowledge
- Present the scope of IT auditing-so that you can begin to see both how complex it is and decide which areas are of greatest interest to pursue in the future
- Discuss the risks related to IT-which are continually increasing. Your understanding also needs to keep pace with the threats
- Identify control objectives and strategies-which are themselves evolving with the changing technology
- Gain ability to participate at high level in IT audits-which means you will want to have ongoing training, both on the job and in sessions like this to develop your skills
Introduction to IT Audit
Planning the IT Audit
Auditing Organizations and Standards
Basics of Information Technology
Network Technology and Controls
Shared General and Application Controls
Database Technology and Controls
Infrastructure General Controls
What Do I Do Now?
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate CPE Certificate of Completion - 9 CPEs
Your cart is empty